Let us put your mind at ease regarding our pressure washing services:
- Pictures tell a 1,000 words
- What to look for when choosing a company
- How do we price the job
- Preparing for our arrival at your home
- Three common power washing problems to watch for
The pictures to the left are examples of our work, taken at real jobs by our technicians. Your home is your sanctuary. But in time, even your sanctuary accumulates the elements. Mold, mildew and grime will take over your home, your concrete, or your deck making it look unattractive and unkept. When your sanctuary is not beautiful and appealing, people notice. It takes work to keep it clean and welcoming. That's when our house washing services come to play!
Let us do that work for you. We have a team of residential pressure washing professionals who are mindful of your sanctuary and how to protect it. We take very special care to leave the grounds of your property cared for. If we move something, we move it back. If we use your garden hose, we put it back. If we turn on your water, we will turn it off. Further, while working at your home, our window cleaning experts will maintain a professional decorum - - they will not use profane language or smoke - in short... We Will Exceed Your Expectations
COMMITTED TO YOUR SATISFACTION . GET A FREE QUOTE!
Professional pressure washing services are important as your home ages, Doing so removes the dirt, mold and mildew around your home and preserves the look to keep it from prematurely aging. Often times the best feature of pressure washing is the WOW! effect created when it's all clean. Most people never knew just how dirty something was until they see it clean again.
What's more, regular pressure washing keeps your property clean giving you the satisfaction of knowing that your house and grounds will sparkle and great curb appeal with regular maintenance. After all, friends, family, and visitors do notice when your home looks good and when it doesn't. To keep your home looking great, we offer a residential pressure washing program called 'Clean It and Forget It' where each quarter or semi-annually, or even monthly, we come and wash your home, sidewalk, driveway, or deck for one low annual price (or monthly installment), automatically. No contracts or hidden fees. Contact us for more details.
Here are some things to look and ask for when choosing a pressure washing company:
- Do they look professional and are they in company uniforms? If they're not willing to invest in looking professional, then they're probably in this for the short term.
- Ask for plenty of references along with phone numbers. A reputable company should be glad to provide them to you.
- Are they insured and bonded, and do they carry workers' compensation? Many companies don't. Things happen. Accidents happen. You need to be fully protected in case of unforeseen situations. See our insurance documents here.
- Do they wet your bushes, flowers, plants and trees before they start your house wash, then repeatedly rinse during and after the job to protect all of your vegetation? Many pressure washers don't, saving time, ultimately hoping for the best.
- Do they put your patio furniture back after pressure washing your veranda, deck or patio?
- Do they quick rinse your windows and screens if performing a house wash? A quick rinse will help remove soap and cleaning residue, but is not an actual window wash.
- Can you trust them in your home? TLC Window Cleaning Service, Inc. professional cleaners are permanent employees who have been through a full background check and are subject to random drug testing. We would never allow someone to come to your home that we would not be comfortable servicing in our own home. We do everything possible to ensure your security and confidence in our employees.
- What kind of work do they do? Look for before and after pictures, and videos of their work. In this day and age of technology, it is easy for almost anyone to take pictures and make videos of work they did for clients. Especially in pressure washing where a "before and after" photo can often be dramatic and has the ability to completely change the look of an area cleaned. You will want to see the type of work they have done in the past.
- Do they use specialized equipment? If a company has been pressure washing for any length of time, then they probably have invested thousands of dollars in their equipment and will happily show you that nozzle, surface cleaner, extension wand, or do a demo at your home. Just ask them about it and you'll most likely get more info than you wanted to know, but will also be sure you found the right person.
- Anyone who does good business will have tons of client testimonials to show you from the local area. Don't be afraid to call some of these people and ask how the service really went for them. You will easily get a feel for the communication, professionalism, and attention to detail of the pressure washing service (or any of their services) after just a few minutes of speaking with their clients.
COMMITTED TO YOUR SATISFACTION . GET A FREE QUOTE!
Here are Examples of Specialized Equipment:
The pictures above show a surface cleaner, self-contained hot water tanked pressure wash unit, and a portable cold water unit. While most people recognize the pressure washing units, the surface cleaner is more of a mystery. A surface cleaner is a big, metal helmet that sits close to the ground and is specifically designed to clean large, flat surfaces like sidewalks, driveways, pool patios, and parking lots. Under the helmet is a spindle with two nozzles pointing in opposite directions and the force of the water spins them around at 2000-3000 RPM's. Think of it like a janitor using a floor buffer to slowly clean a large tile floor. Why is it so great? Instead of cleaning just hundreds of square feet an hour with a wand, a surface cleaner allows you to clean several thousand square feet an hour? It's the fastest, safest and easiest way to clean a large, flat surface and exactly what you want if you need to clean your driveway. Most professional pressure washing services will have at least one of these innovative pieces of equipment. Just ask them.
Armed with these basic tips, you should be able to tell if the contractor is worth your time and money in letting them clean your property. Remember - videos, specialized equipment, observation, asking the right questions, and testimonials will tell you all you need to know.
How do we price the job:
TLC Window Cleaning Service, Inc. services are competitively priced and our estimates are calculated by the square footage of said surface or by the linear foot depending on what is quoted. The number is multiplied by 'x' cents to determine price. The 'x' cents is variable as it also depends on the complexity and dirt of surface to be cleaned. We routinely check the marketplace to be sure our prices are lower or at most, right in line with reputable insured competing companies.
How to help prepare for our arrival:
- Please close and lock all windows.
- Please make sure all screens are intact.
- Move or remove any items from exterior of house you feel is appropriate whether for safety of technicians or safety of items.
- If you need help moving some items we would be glad to help.
- Please securely shut all doors including garage doors, storm doors, screen doors.
- Clear driveway as much as possible for our technician's equipment convenience.
- To ensure our cleaner's safety, please keep your pets with you or in a safe designated area during our visit to your home.
Things to know:
Preventative maintenance can save you money on future costly repairs
Curb appeal can add value to your home
Remove mold for the health and safety of those who live in your home or visit your home
Pressure washing treatments for a house and wooden decks or piers can last one to two years depending on the setting and elements.
We recommend that driveways and sidewalks be pressure washed annually to keep them looking clean and bright.
- Impressions count and TLC Window Cleaning Service, Inc. pressure washing can help make your home or business get better curb appeal.
Common Mistakes to watch out for!
Shotgun fungus, those "tiny black specks" that appear on your siding, are about impossible to remove. Often mistaken for insect feces, they are actually the "mature spore masses expelled from the fruiting bodies of fungus known as Sphaerobolus Stellatus".
This fungus gets its name by firing spore masses in the air as little as two feet to a maximum distance of thirty feet, speckling siding, down spouts and windows. The longer these spores have been in place, the harder they are to remove. In most cases, we can generally remove half of the shotgun fungus. The water pressure will usually "skin" the outer surfaces of the spore. This leaves the spore exposed to the sun, which will then "bleach" them off of the siding. There is no product that kills shotgun fungus, but you can keep it at bay. Consider switching to inorganic mulch, such as stone or pea gravel. Prior to the application of inorganic mulch, we recommend the complete removal of the existing mulch in order to lessen the chance of reoccurrence.
When metal is exposed to rain or humidity, it slowly deteriorates and causes oxidation. A prime example of this type of oxidation occurs on your gutters as the aluminum is exposed to the elements of the weather, such as rain, snow etc. The metal starts to stain a grayish film, which during the hotter months of the year bakes onto the gutters.
Power washing works wonders on vinyl siding, but does little to remove the oxidation that can be found on most trim and gutters around the home. Nothing short of a long and grueling hand scrubbing will take care of a tough case of oxidation. Refer to our Gutter Polishing service for more information. You can attempt to wash gutters down all day, and never succeed at removing any of the oxidation. This is one of the most difficult stains to successfully remove. We have the chemical formulation for successful removal 95% of the time.
Occasionally, when power washing your home, a small amount of water will get behind the siding. Hours after we have left, the water will start to make its way onto the exterior surface of your siding. As it drips out, it will usually pull some dirt out with it, resulting in a mark down the side of the home.
This problem can be remedied by simply giving the runoff area a quick spray with the garden hose to rinse away the mark.
At TLC Window Cleaning Service, Inc. we strive to provide our customers with the best possible service. Please feel free to give us a call if you have any questions or comments.